Vilas County Sheriff
A total of 271 complaints were entered by Vilas County Sheriff’s Department dispatchers last week.In addition to those with sufficient detail to report below, a review shows at least 35 vehicle accidents, one abandoned vehicle, two requests for an ambulance, three animal problems, seven requests for agency assistance, three attempts to locate, six burglar alarms, six requests for citizen assistance, two reports of domestic violence, three disturbances, three harassment complaints, eight reports of hazardous conditions, one hit-and-run, two juvenile problems/runaways, two reports of lost property, 12 reports of suspicious circumstances, four thefts, eight traffic violations, two trespassing complaints, two weapons offenses, three welfare checks, 12 911 hang-ups and four ATV?problems.
At least 13 calls were referred to the Eagle River Police Department and there were at least 18 informational or procedural entries.
In the past week, at least 11 people were booked at the Vilas County Jail, including four for operating while intoxicated, two for possession of THC, two for probation violation, one for possession of THC with intent to deliver, one for disorderly conduct, one for battery and one for failure to appear.
During the week, the inmate population ranged from 62 to 69. As of Nov. 25, there were 69 inmates.
Sunday, Nov. 25
- 7:00 p.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported on Birchwood Drive near Walter Drive in the town of Cloverland involving Michelle R. Kubacki of St. Germain.
- 12:00 a.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported on Birchwood Drive near Snipe Lake Game Trail in the town of Cloverland involving Mark C. Schmidt of West Bend, who was cited for failure to report the accident.
Saturday, Nov. 24
- 6:00 p.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported at the intersection of Deerskin Road and Strong Road in Phelps involving David M.?Bloch of Coleman.
- 9:39 p.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported on East Hunter Lake Road near Oak Road in Conover involving James A. McArthur of Neenah, who was cited for failure to report the accident.
- 4:37 p.m. - A two-vehicle accident was reported on Meta Lake Road near Circle Drive involving Steven E.?Bielinski of Waukesha and Andrea M. Horejs of Appleton.
- 3:00 a.m. - A?one-vehicle accident was reported on Croker Road near Deep Lake Road in the town of Lincoln involving Todd A.?Renk of Land O’ Lakes, who was cited for failure to report the accident.
- 9:55 a.m. - A?one-vehicle accident was reported on Sunset Road near Zeman Road in the town of Cloverland involving Penny L. Kaufmann of St.?Germain.
Eagle River Police
Among the calls received by Vilas County dispatchers were at least 19 calls for the Eagle River Police. These included four vehicle accidents, two burglar alarms, two requests for an ambulance, two requests for citizen assistance, one harassment complaint, one suspicious circumstance, two thefts, one hazard, two traffic violations and two welfare checks.
Three Lakes Police
This police department reported three vehicle accidents, three alarms, one request for an ambulance, four animal problems, one apprehension request, two requests for agency assistance, one death investigation, one disturbance, two instances of operating while intoxicated, one instance of found property, two services, two suspicious circumstances, three traffic stops and three vehicles in the ditch.
|Tuesday, November 27, 2012 3:43 PM|