Vilas County Sheriff
A total of 261 complaints were entered by Vilas County Sheriff’s Department dispatchers last week.In addition to those with sufficient detail to report below, a review shows at least 20 vehicle accidents, eight requests for an ambulance, two animal problems, five requests for agency assistance, one attempt to locate, five burglar alarms, one burglary, 14 requests for citizen assistance, one report of criminal damage to property, one report of domestic violence, one abandoned vehicle, eight reports of hazardous conditions, two juvenile problems/runaways, one harassment complaint, two disturbances, six reports of suspicious circumstances, five thefts, seven traffic violations, four fires, three hit-and-runs, one report of trespassing, three welfare checks, 11 911 hang-ups, five reports of operating while intoxicated, two snowmobile violations and three drug problems.
At least 11 calls were referred to the Eagle River Police Department and there were at least 19 informational or procedural entries.
In the past week, at least 15 people were booked at the Vilas County Jail, including five for disorderly conduct, two for operating while intoxicated, four for probation violation, two for failure to pay and one for operating after revocation.
During the week, the inmate population ranged from 55 to 60. As of Feb. 11, there were 60 inmates.
Sunday, Feb. 10
- 12:50 a.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported on Eagle Waters Road near Golf View Road in the town of Washington involving Sharon A. Duffy of Eagle River.
Saturday, Feb. 9
- 12:07 a.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported on Highway G?near Boot Lake Road in the town of Cloverland involving Ashlee S. Harman of St. Germain.
Friday, Feb. 8
- 11:45 a.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported on Highway K near Highway E in Conover involving Patrick D. Rumchak of Phelps.
Thursday, Feb. 7
- 11:50 a.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported on Strong Road near Maple Drive in Phelps involving Cory P. Graf of Phelps.
Wednesday, Feb. 6
- 4:45 p.m. - A one-vehicle accident was reported on East Buckatabon Road near Struck Road in Conover involving Peter E. Knobel of Conover.
Three Lakes Police
This police department reported one 911 hang-up, one hit-and-run, one vehicle accident, one animal at large, one instance of counterfeiting, one threat, one hazard, one welfare check, one house check, one informational report, one mental commitment, one instance of resisting arrest, one instance of operating while intoxicated, one paper service, four snowmobile violations, three suspicious circumstances, one theft, three traffic stops, two instances of trespassing and two vehicles in a ditch.
|Tuesday, February 12, 2013 4:18 PM|