Subscriber Login



Forgot Your Username?
Forgot Your Password?
Fire breaks out at Pukall Lumber PDF Print E-mail

At least six area fire departments sent tankers and personnel to assist the Arbor Vitae Fire Department contain a fire at Pukall Lumber Co., in the town of Arbor Vitae Wednesday afternoon that destroyed a portion of a panel shop.

The fire broke out about 3 pm. in the front half of the panel shop, where an employee was chipping unusable boards, said Sue Pukall, director of marketing and public relations for the business. No other person was in the building at the time, she said. The chipped waste is used to fuel boilers at the Vilas County business located on Highway 70 East. There were no reported injuries, she added.  --Photo By Dean Acheson



Thursday, July 04, 2013 5:40 PM
Last Updated on Friday, July 12, 2013 1:48 PM
 

Add comment

Comments exceeding 1,000 characters will not be accepted. Please refrain from using texting language and spell out all words. All comments are reviewed and must be approved before they are posted.


Security code
Refresh