Subscriber Login



Forgot Your Username?
Forgot Your Password?
Vilas County Court report PDF Print E-mail

Two Lac du Flambeau women

face revocation of deferment

A 49-year-old Lac du Flambeau woman, who a year ago pleaded guilty and had a deferred entry of judgement (DEJ) entered for a charge of misdemeanor battery, will learn by Sept. 2 if Vilas County District Attorney Albert Moustakis will make a motion to revoke her DEJ.

Marcella Wayman was charged with possession of an illegally-obtained prescription drug, a misdemeanor, April 5. She has a plea and sentencing hearing for that charge Aug. 26 at 1:30 p.m.

In the initial case, Wayman also was charged with second-degree reckless endangerment and disorderly conduct Jan. 4, 2012, but those charges were dismissed in her  July 2, 2012, plea agreement.

Conditions of her DEJ included: commit no crimes for 12 months; 50 hours of community service; no contact with the victim; and proof of completion of the conditions to the district attorney’s office.

According to the complaint, Wayman stabbed a 50-year-old Lac du Flambeau man in the back as he was leaving her residence. Authorities said he had a non-life threatening injury.

In another DEJ-related case in Vilas County Circuit Court last week, Sausheen V. LaBarge, 29, of Lac du Flambeau, who had a DEJ?entered July 2, 2012, on a charge of strangulation/suffocation, was placed on probation for one year on a charge of misdemeanor battery, will have an initial appearance on new charges July 18 at 10:45 a.m.

Moustakis told the Circuit Court Judge Neal A. Nielsen III he would be proceeding with a motion to revoke LaBarge’s DEJ.

The conditions of  LaBarge’s one-year probation included: not to possess or consume intoxicants; get counseling as deemed necessary by the agent; 40 hours of community service and serve 30 days in the county jail.

Rosalind K. Mann, 21, of Lac du Flambeau, charged with physical abuse of a child/intentionally causing bodily harm, and disorderly conduct, had a preliminary hearing set for July 10 at 2:45 p.m.

A request to modify her bond to $3,500 cash was granted with the condition that she remain at Howard Young Medical Center in Woodruff or any other health care facility under doctor supervision. Once released from the hospital, she must immediately return to the Vilas County Jail.

According to the complaint, Mann allegedly hit a 15-year-old girl in the forehead with a closed fist when Mann attempted to pick up her infant child from a babysitter at 6:50 a.m. Sept. 9, 2012. The victim’s mother said she would not allow Mann to take the baby home because she was intoxicated. The girl apparently stepped between Mann and the woman and then was hit. The girl also hit Mann, saying she was defending herself.

Mann missed a May 30 preliminary hearing and a body-only warrant was issued for her arrest. Her new $3,500 cash bond is without 24-hour watch by the Vilas County Sheriff’s Department at Howard Young Medical Center.

Brandon C. Baldwin, 22, of Eagle River, charged with second-degree sexual assault, unconscious victim April 5, had the charge dismissed. District Attorney  Moustakis told Judge Nielsen he was unable to locate the alleged victim and moved to dismiss the charge without prejudice. Nielsen granted the dismissal. The alleged incident occurred Feb. 27 in a town of Lincoln residence.

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 3:03 PM
 

Add comment

Comments exceeding 1,000 characters will not be accepted. Please refrain from using texting language and spell out all words. All comments are reviewed and must be approved before they are posted.


Security code
Refresh